When applying for a Personal Licence you must apply to the licensing authority for the area in which you are an ordinarily reside.
You must first complete a personal licence application form. (These forms are available from your local licensing department or the Department for Culture, Media and Sport website)
Submit the completed application form together with the following documents to your local licensing authority:
- 2 passport sized photographs. (One must be signed by someone of some standing within the community i.e. solicitor, doctor, teacher,minister of religion, bank or building society official or civil servant).
- The licensing fee of £37.00
- A Disclosure of Convictions and Declaration form (available from your local licensing department) which should state whether or not any relevant or foreign offences have been committed, including full details, were applicable.
- Your BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
- Your CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) certificate. Visit the Disclosure Scotland website to apply online.
NB. A Personal Licence is valid for a period of 10 Years